OVO Energy

Posted 8th Mar 2023
Anybody had any luck actually speaking with an advisor on chat with OVO. I started a chat at 5:39pm & still not spoken with anyone although I have been position 1 since 5:54pm.
I am trying to get my direct debit reduced as currently paying £186pm but I am over £650 in credit. I cannot reduce this in my account so either phone or use chat either way nobody is answering.
Don't know what else to do to be honest but wait...although will probably get cut off when chat closes..
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Protoype
    Doesn't the chat close off at like 6pm? Most likely, customer service winds down at like 5.40pm (doesn't answer new calls/chats), if they finish their shift at 6pm. I know few places do it, gives them 20mins to sort out any outstanding tasks or issues. You will probably have more luck trying tomorrow around 9-10am.
    DaveG46
    Shut at 6 bet no one picks owt up after half 5, I was waiting about half hour recently on the phone
    Fynndergoon Author
    Can I cancel my DD & let them take the amount for next couple of bills from the credit I have (£667).....then restart when it drops say below £300 ?
    Bangles
    I know eon have a minimum direct debit of £10/month, maybe they do too? I wouldn't cancel direct debits as it could impact your credit score.
    Wolfout
    Do you use the app?? You can change your DD amount if you will be in credit/debit by the time of your review.
    As an example if your account is due for review come first of July and they estimate that on that date you will be in credit by x amount, then you can reduce it to the point where you will only be a couple pounds in credit.
    FrampyStinkwonkel
    Just cancel the DD and pay manually each month when you get the bill.
's avatar
Top Merchants