Replacement for my old garage

Posted 6th Mar 2023
I'm looking to knock down my old garage and build a replacement. A new garage is out of my budget since building supplies have rocketed, so I'm looking at alternative options.
I've come up with 3 different options which I've linked below. Can anyone recommend any of these options and which one would be best?

dunsterhouse.co.uk/log-cabins/evilgenius-workshop-w4m-x-d3m

costco.co.uk/Garden-Sheds-Patio/Outdoor-Storage/Garden-Sheds/Lifetime-15ft-x-8ft-46-x-24m-Dual-Entry-Storage-Shed-Model-60079/p/329669

birstall.co.uk/products/concrete-garage-14ft-wide-apex-1-.html?

...or could anyone suggest another alternative max size 15 x 10, and similar cost
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    windym
    Don't touch Dunster House. We had a 'log cabin' from them and it was terrible. Thankfully I took them to task and we managed to get our money back. The cabin made a good bonfire as they refused to collect it.
    MicroManaged
    I had a concrete prefab installed at my first house after the old one pretty much fell down and was of substandard construction.

They are good, but you need a level base with no chance of water ingress or rising damp. Ensure the roof has an anti damp coating on it too otherwise it will drip with condensation in damp conditions
    airbus330
    FWIW Our Scandi Spruce summer house is 16 years old and is as good as new. I painted it for the 1st time 2 years ago and was surprised that there was virtually no rot in it and the shingle roof is only just coming to the end of its life. Looks so much nicer than concrete or plastic.
    TristanDeCoonha
    Scaffold frame, about £1 per foot and £2 per clip.
    Build the walls with pallets. Securing them to the frame by putting the frame inside them.
    Scaffold bracing across the floor, close enough to put pallets down on.
    Cover the outside and floor in more wood rescued from pallets.
    Run conduit through the pallets inside, before packing with insulation material.
    Line the pallets inside.
    You now have a solid structure that can have shelves etc easily attached, and is easily extendable whenever you choose.
    Paint with creosote or paint as you see fit.

£120 Length 3 x 15 each side, 2 more for the floor
    £56 Upright 3 x 8 height each side + 1 rear
    £51 Apex 1 x 15 for apex, 3 x 6 each side to make the triangle
    £30 Back wall 3 x 10 across, floor+ mid + top
    £20 Front 2 x 10 across floor + top
    Plus clips.
    Plus feet
    Make doors

A couple of scaffolders could build that within 2 hours if you don't want to do it yourself. Have a word with a team if you see them whilst out.
    DaveG46
    And then visit from the local planners or building control to follow as one of your neighbours isn't keen
    Cisco060606
    Prefab concrete should last longer.
    What's wrong with your existing? Can it be repair? (edited)
    james_kelly-33f69.97490 Author
    I want to build a new one alongside where the current one is to extend the garden.
's avatar
Top Merchants