VPN & HUKD commenting problem

Posted 31st Jan 2023
Anyone else having problems with commenting on HUKD while going through a vpn?
My comments are frequently held "under review"
I use Surfshark, and regularly use US locations for sites, but it seems that several cause issue. Boston & San Francisco for a start. Forgetting to change back from Argentina after a cheap subscription is the same. Usually there is nothing in the comment to cause a problem. Tonight I have been assured by a mod my account is ok, yet the problem exists.
I believe HUKD use a Cloudflare host, who refuse to support or permit an individual's privacy, and that may be a cause, as I notice on other sites. I am wondering if it is just Surfshark, or does it occur for others?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    They obviolsy flag people using a VPN as most people wh use them are dodgy.
    Most people who use them are dodgy? Citation please
    Fine here using a VPN but I did have trouble in the past with digital ocean IP addresses. Could be IP ranges which are just blocked it's hard to say

Easiest solution is to whitelist the app, or just find a server which I doesn't cause issues and stick with that (edited)
    Author
    Some servers are better for tv viewing. A server with less occupiers means less stalling. It seems that noone likes Boston as that server is always empty. It is just a PITA to have to keep remembering to change (age)
    No issues here with Surfshark. Mine is usually set to UK though. (edited)
    I have the same issue with comments being held under review and waiting for approval before it’s posted public, like this one being posted a little after 3am and not being available until the morning! Not using a VPN or anything of the kind. Doubt it’s a manual approval process but who knows

Did have my account restricted/deleted then reinstated at the back end of 2021(20?) due to comments about net neutrality that didn’t go down too well I think.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants