VPN question

Posted 14th Feb 2023
When I switch to Indian server oly Google and YouTube are bypassing even though ip is Indian

Tried different protocols and decides but just the same

Anything I can change is DNS to make Google to go thru to Indian VPN server?

CC are rubbish
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    dave.richardsonskV Author
    Basically all websites work but Google and YouTube are bypassing the VPN and I don't know y
    RealOldMonk
    This started happening in last few months, Indian gov ask VPN providers to provide customer details if they want to operate , so there are no severs in India and some sort of virtual servers now do something similar.

Why do you need google , if you want to search something you can try google.in, that is what I do for region specific search.
    dan_uk
    Presumably it's a geolocation thing.

Our of interest, what's the issue with the VPN in relation to Google products like search and YouTube? I can't imagine YouTube knowing where you truly are is as much of an issue as it is for region locked content like you'd get on, say Netflix. Interested to know.
    dave.richardsonskV Author
    So when I want to sub ytube premium it shows in GBP than INR and Google at the bottom say United Kingdom
    one_eight_seven
    What’s the question? Post needs deciphering a bit!
    jameshothothot
    i understand india is cracking down on VPN usage so a lot of 'virtual' rather than real servers there.
    I got my youtube premium from argentina instead. (edited)
    hoggs
    You don't mention which VPN provider you're using, but try Express VPN
    expressvpn.com/ref…976

You get 30days free so no risk and see if that helps?
    jamcon72
    Used expressvpn just now. Flew across to Turkey, landed and bought a subscription for just over a pound a month recurring on a revolut card. No address required. Cancelled the expressvpn account the same day. Flew back (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants