What brand are wetherspoons bbq pork ribs?

Posted 31st Jul 2023
I have a craving for bbq pork microwave ribs that used to be sold in all supermarkets about 5-10 years ago

They no longer sell them now (recipe/brand changed, it's now sachet sauce) but if I recall correctly wetherspoons sells the same ones, or did some years ago..

I even had the same exact ribs when I was in Spain at a cheap pub!

Wondering if anyone can give me the name of the supplier/brand that wetherspoons use for those bbq ribs?

Aldi are a close match but not quite the same. I'd honestly buy a wholesale pack of 40 if I need to! Oh and a chest freezer to store them.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    cecilmcroberts
    Unsure if this is them, although this would be the biggest player in the foodservice sector of that line, after that you going into niche local suppliers. Not meant to be microwaved but that's not to say that's not possible.

kepakfoodservice.com/pro…43/
    PenguinsForAll Author
    That could be them! Not sure how I can go about trying them though
    Tyrone_H_
    Rustlers do microwave ribs now pretty decent
    Mich8ll8
    I’m sure farmfoods do those kind of ribs….well they used to anyway…worth a try if your local to a farmfoods…would even try iceland!
    PenguinsForAll Author
    Yeah i've tried farmfoods but they are nothing like it, they are kind of "chinese style" flavoured even though they just mention BBQ on the package

Lidl/aldi are similar to how I like but still not quite as good. I think the main issue is the ribs are covered in a diarrhoea coloured sauce and then an additional bbq sauce packet that is quite tangy. Originally they were red sauce coloured with no additional packet.
    whats_the_deal
    The grottiest, cheapest ones you can get from a wholesaler. Those will be the ones.
    PenguinsForAll Author
    The question is what ones though
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants