Best PAYG sim for port in / out dance?

Posted 25th Jul 2023 (Posted 19 h, 50 m ago)
My Lebara sim is going up in August as my six-month discount period has ended. 

I have another Lebara sim so I am ready to port out and back to Lebara but unsure which stop-gap sim is best to use.

Asda I can't because I've used them in the past and my info will still be on their systems.

Three I've used before but the site now says you have to phone to port in / out and can't be done online anymore.

I ordered a free Giffgaff sim but discovered today that you need to top up a minimum of £10 to activate it. 

I don't want to use Lyca because I've heard too many horror stories.

What is my best option? I was thinking of going into Tesco and getting one of those £1-2 sims by the till already loaded with data, text, and mins to port to.

So yeah, basically which sim provider is the easiest to port around with? I prefer to do it all online and not have to phone up anyone.

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    zzzz
    3 weeks ago. Was 6 mth with lebara ,6 mth at lyca now back at lebara - no. ported in on 3 july
    thenexus6 Author
    Lyca worked okay then? Their sims are like £1 so basically nothing. I was just avoiding because I've heard bad things.
    KodaBear
    CMLink (EE) Have their £1 Trial SIMs that give you 200MB, 30 Minutes, 30 Texts, and £1 of airtime credit. You could port in and out with them?

I've been using one of their SIMs full time for a while now. Customer service was great to deal with on the one time I needed to speak to them. Possibly safer than Lyca if you aren't comfortable with them.

If you don't care abotu having an allowance for the day or two you are with them, just get a Three PAYG SIM For free. You can port in and out with that without topping up.
    AndyRoyd
    Excluding the two freebie options you choose not to use (AsdaMobile & Lyca),
    probably left with just one option: 3.
    Free sim & no need to topup to activate & port out
    three.co.uk/Sup…der
    thenexus6 Author
    I have a Three sim ready to do it, but last time I did it all online no problem and this time it says I have to phone up.

That puts me off incase they make me go through hoops trying to leave three a few days later. (edited)
    zzzz
    I've just done lebara -lyca-lebara without a hitch.
    Sent text for pac to lyca got instant reply with code.
    mutley1
    when did you port into lebara?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants