Best value Dehumidifier?

Posted 12th Apr 2023
I've been looking for a Dehumidifier for a few months for a 2 bedroom flat. I'm just looking for a basic one (air filters raise the cost and require replacing etc), and have been trying to hold out for some form of price reduction. I'm trying to decide between: Meaco Dry ABC Range 10L Compressor Dehumidifier Green FREE 3 Year Warranty - ABC10L-G 160W £134.90 compared to:

meacodehumidifiers.co.uk/pro…l-b 155W £148.95.

The only difference I can see is the extra 5 watts, would this justify the higher price over time? Or alternatively does anyone know of a better value deal/machine, or how regularly prices are cut?
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bertaldihno
    Not sure what wattage it was exactly but it translated into 7p an hour. 
    Supa Author
    Hmm then perhaps that's why it says 280W as it goes to that on clothes.
    Cisco060606
    Looks like the difference is colour?

Anyway, MeacoDry Arete® One 10L @ £160 on Amazon. That is with 5 years warranty.
    Supa Author
    Hmm that's strange if the only difference is colour and it's £15 less lol. Would you happen to know how to work out how long the extra 5 watts would take to make the difference back in saved energy cost?

Also the Arete (151 watts) is good with the extra 2 years warranty but £10 more it includes an Air Purifier which needs replacing roughly every 3 months so would add an extra £10 each time and reduce dehumidifying efficiency? (edited)
    Sackboy1
    Based on 35pence per kwh (not sure what you’re paying) you would need to run the cheaper dehumifier for about 8,000 hours.

That’s just over 330 days with the dehumidifier running 24/7 to realise the saving with the cheaper model. (edited)
    Supa Author
    Thank you, what formula did you use so I can compare the 151 Watts Arete? I didn't realise just a few watts can make such a difference over the long term.
    Bertaldihno
    Morning

I bought one from Screwfix as they seemed to be sold out everywhere. Had to travel a bit for it too. 

Blyss WDH-316DB 16Ltr  for 143.99

Great device, we use it instead of a tumble dryer as we’re new homers and now skint! It has a laundry setting and it can dry most clothes in around 6 hours. 
    Supa Author
    Thank you, I'm looking for the most cost effective long term and this outputs 280 W, it's a great price for 16 litres, but I only need it for a 2 bedroom flat so it's less cost effective than other Meacos.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants