Community Fibre Broadband

Posted 10th Feb 2023
Hi everyone,

Quick question, anyone have any experience of community fibre broadband? Any views?

Currently with virgin media but with the rising costs contemplating changing.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    stgeorge
    I've recently moved to them, the speeds are really fast & I've had no dropouts or anything else, I've only been with them a few months though.
    I'm really glad I moved so far as they are cheaper than talk talk and miles better.
    Delio79
    Their pricing is extremely competitive, especially now that inflationary rises have taken effect on existing broadband contracts. Seems Community Fibre would come in way lower than my FTTC based broadband which only gives me 30mbit!

I'm keen to hear a bit more feedback on them from anyone that's been with them 18+ months.

I noted you mentioned being on Community Fibre in a thread about a router deal. I'd love to hear from your experiences.

Also does anyone know if they have a published rollout plan? They say they are definitely planning to come to my postcode but not here yet. Would be good to know when they are expecting to come into our neighborhood as I'm anyway in contract till nearer the end of the year. (edited)
    Andy_Ong
    happy to share my experience. Been with them a few weeks now. Was virginmedia before but after my contract ended their pricing was too high and uncompetitive.
    Had been seeing the engineers installing cables and registered interest on community fibre and got a leaflet saying they will be available in the next 3 months. So was checking their site every morning and signed up straight away. Got an install appt for 2 days after that. They arrived on time and sent 4 engineers over to turn the job around quickly. They let me choose where i wanted to have the modem and router installed (wanted it middle of house instead of just front of house) which was no problem. They got it all up and running within 2 hours and it's been rock solid. Am on the 500mbps and am getting the full 500 up and down. Haven't noticed any slowdowns or disconnections.
    Not sure what their traffic shaping policies are but i doubt they will be as restrictive as virginmedia anyway.
    Have been very pleased and there is nothing in my area that comes close to performance/price (edited)
    Butterfly18 Author
    Thanks for the reply
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants