Gatwick Airport Hotels- cheap hotels to stay for the night before traveling

Posted 5th Feb 2023
Any hotels near to Gatwick Airport which doesn't break the bank. For 2 people for one night only? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I stayed here in the summer. Absolutely immaculate and really lovely property. Owner messaged frequently (on booking.com) to keep me updated and to advise he was just dropping his kids to swimming if i was nearby and wanted to check in. We weren’t but it was nice to know he just didn’t leave. Left keys in room and left at 4am for an early flight and he messaged later to say thanks for leaving room tidy and hope we enjoyed out holiday.

Free on site parking as well but if full you can park in road outside.

Will stay here in future now for every trip.

The Lawn Guest House (edited)
    We stayed there a few years ago. Couldn't fault the service, and the owner made sure we got to the airport in plenty of time (including an early morning call & and an early breakfast).
    Stayed in Crawley Travelodge a couple of weeks back.

Free parking, Decent bar/restaurant if you don't want to go out, Big leisure park around 500 meters away with Nandos, Mcdonalds, TGI's, Pizza Hut and a Cinema.

Used Purple Parking at the Airport which was a 10 minute drive away!
    We often stay in Crawley Travelodge. Parking is free and you are right in the middle of town to go get food. Noisy at weekends though.
    You don’t say if you are driving there and if you want to leave your car for the holiday duration or are just driving onwards to the airport.
    Author
    Public transport
    If driving use Trumbles B&B. You can also leave your car there for £5 per day while away, they will take you to the airport and collect you on return. Look them up on their website, dont go through any booking site. Used them 4 times last year and they were excellent.
    If your getting the train to Gatwick have a look in Croydon as plenty of hotels at decent prices close to east croydon station where Thameslink to gatwick stops 
    Author
    The flights early at 6am so will need to get there for 3.30am. Do you think this is possible?
    Premier Inn at North Terminal. Especially if you're taking public transport to get there. It's on site and a short (2 minute) train ride within the airport to South Terminal. I've stayed there 4/5 times without any issue

Premier Inn at North Terminal. Especially if you're taking public transport to get there. It's on site and a short (2 minute) train ride within the airport to South Terminal. I've stayed there 4/5 times without any issue (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants