Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How long do I wait before giving PAYG PAC to Lebara?

Posted 26th Jul 2023 (Posted 18 h, 35 m ago)
Hi,

I've been double porting for awhile to get the best deals. My number was transferred from Lebara today (26/07/23,) to three at 18:50pm. How long do I have to wait before I can request a PAC code from three? I usually wait 24 hours from when I get a successful number port message but I'd like it completed before the weekend? Is waiting 24 hours necessary before giving Lebara Three’s PAC code? I've had the same number for 20 years so it would be a pain, to say the least, if I lost it! Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    KodaBear
    You can request the PAC Code any time during business hours tomorrow and give it straight to your new provider. That should go through just fine.

Waiting 24 hours isn't too important. It's waiting for the routing database to update overnight before trying to request a PAC or porting again that's important.

Just before you ask for a PAC Tomorrow, make sure there is no sign of a split port error. Ensure that someone on a different network to your current one can call your number. If that works, you're good to go.
    L411 Author
    Thanks, just wasn’t sure.
    AndyRoyd
    Also consider 3s DoB expectation to accompany the portout request:

How to get a PAC
    Text PAC and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075 and we’ll reply with your code.
    For example: PAC 071281
    archive.is/6qO1L

As mentioned in another thread, the Q is:
    where / how does / did 3 capture the DoB data where there is no requirement nor obligation to provide DoB at signup,
    nor any methodology / permission granted to verify genuine DoB data.
    Presumably 3 PAYG uses DoB as a pseudo password and a user can choose any credible DoB they wish and can remember,
    but still leaves questionmark about how&when DoB data is captured to enable that capture to be compared to the portout request.
    bozo007
    You need to wait overnight or until the morning of the next working day.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants