How to get cheaper sim only Three deals if you're upgrading.

Posted 8th Sep 2022
Hi, i've recently fell into the upgrading period of my contract and I wondering how I can get cheaper sim only deals on Three when I upgrade. My current contract is alot cheaper than the new equivalent that I need to upgrade to.

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    AndyRoyd
    Typically don't bother upgrading as the deals available to new customers are generally more generous than upgrades - especially if combined with TCB/Quidco new-customer cashback opportunities - so be a new customer and throw some shapes via the double-port dance if you wish to retain your existing number.
    BodenWRX Author
    Wish I could upgrade and keep the same contract for the same price because I changed from PAYG to a sim only contract on three and it was an absolute nightmare to keep my number and that's coming from a technological person aswell. I had to ring up in the end. (edited)
    Van1973
    I was in the same boat and decided to move 3 sim contracts to Smarty. Getting 2x 4GB through Moneysavingexpert for £4/month for a year and 1x 12GB through Uswitch (£12 topcashback) for £7/month for a year. Still on the 3 network, so no changes to coverage etc. Just done one PAC transfer successfully today,

I did not bother getting in touch with 3 customer service as I like the idea of not being tied to a 12 month contract and no annual price increases. Can switch to another network at any time.
Discussions
Top Merchants