NOW Tv Broadband

Posted 5th Jan 2023
Hi , I am due for renewal and NOWTV is not offering any discounts(currently paying £28 and they want £30 for renewal - Fibre). Can I get a new connection in my Wife's name to get the new customer discount (£22 with £59 from topcashback). Joined ONESTREAM 2 days ago for £22.50 but cancelled today by reading all the bad reviews.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    u664541
    I received a confusing renewal from NOW TV; keep what I have (36mbps BB with unlimited calls to uk home and mobiles) for £26.99 or “upgrade” to the same for £31.
    m1keyp1key
    I've had the same for 2 years running with them. They give me an up to 12 months on a payg monthly contract for the same price as i was previously with them on a 12 month contract for. Yet they want to charge me more if i take out another 12 month contract. Weird and confusing as i had to ask a few people about it as it didnt make sense. But like i say had it ages now and no issues. (edited)
    Craig2018
    I got my email yesterday, my broadband will now be £23.50 worth switching or stay with them? Unfortunately Community Fibre etc is not down my road yet.
    KodaBear
    If you’re happy with their service then £23.50 isn’t terrible to stay with them. Otherwise you could ditch and switch. Three 5G home broadband for £20, Onestream (Vodafone/Openreach) for £20.95, or if you have your mobile with EE or Vodafone then you can get discounts to take their broadband too.

Additionally if you have Virgin Media in your street you could do some digging for a VM partners link on the internet and get broadband for as little as £12.
    KodaBear
    I’ve been with Onestream for years as have a number of my friends and family members. They’re fine as long as you cancel the free trials they offer you.

If you want to have your wife sign up for a new customer offer with NOW that’s possible but they can’t take over their own line so you’d have to cease the service then re-order. Which means 10 working days without broadband before Openreach re-install.

If you live in a strong 5G area then the Three Broadband offer for £10 then £20 a month after 6 months may be a good call too, if you’re still not confident with Onestream.
    spa Author
    I am not that confident with OneStream. As I am WFH, can't wait 10 days without BB, in that case will check with other providers.
    Mendoza
    do any of you have a Vodafone sim? you may still get £3pm off your BB cost if you go with Vodafone
    bvmjain
    They have just sent out emails - that they are raising prices by £3.50 for those whose contracts had expired & had essentially moved to defacto monthly rolling contracts.
    I suspected this would happen.
    Probably, they will do it again in a few months - so everyone on the original £20.00 contracts, end up paying 26.99 eventually
    no_excuse
    I have 2 contracts (different addresses) with Now, 1 taken out in February this year (3 months in)  at £21 per month got the email yesterday that it was going up by £3.50 in July to £24.50. And the other at £20 which was renewed in December so both essentially within the 12 months contracts. One of the contracts is for my father in law who is on pension credit (would qualify for the social tariff @£20 per month) tried to switch back to sky but they claim cannot port his number from Now even though I had ported from Sky to Now just 3 months ago. Only reason for wanting to port back is do he can get Sky essential’s but only if you have broadband from then too. 
's avatar
Top Merchants