Renewing Netflix Turkey

Posted 23rd May 2023
Hi all, my current card I use for netflix is expiring sadly. I need to update it The last time I did this it gave me errors and I had to update over the phone and was lucky enough to convince the person to update my card.

Is this still an issue? I have Monzo and Revolut accounts but worry I'll run into issues again. Any idea of the best way to go about updating my account to have as few issues as possible?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Van1973
    I updated my Revolut card a few months ago without issue. I used a VPN to connect via Turkey then added the new card as an additional card. I did not change the new card to the default card for about a month and it all worked without any issue.
    DealHunter5
    If you add an additional card then does it take payment from new card automatically if old card expires?
    kingcr33ch
    Have you tried adding your backup payment card in UK netflix and not Turkey via vpn? (edited)
    Walgeon Author
    I have. The crazy thing is that any card I add doesn't get even tested. Normally they test the cards first but for me it is just a "nope" straight away. I will try to get into a call/chat with Netflix tomorrow I think.
    awjh
    I just purchase 3 months of gift cards at a time and apply to my account whilst connected to VPN. Has worked for over a year now
    Walgeon Author
    Where do you get these gift cards?
    iWish
    I got sent a new Revolut card, first thing I had to do was to activate it (made a transaction at Mcdonald's). Then you can can add it to my Netflix account. Before that it wouldn't let me register. (edited)
    Uridium
    Changed my card from Revolut Visa to Mastercard a few months back, it wanted a Turkish phone number for confirmation. Eventually thanks to a forum post I found on here I managed to update using the Netflix app on playstation as that doesn't prompt for SMS confirmation
    Walgeon Author
    Could you point me to this forum post?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants