Sony Xperia Z Phone (Type PM-0270-BV)

Posted 24th Feb 2022
I have a Sony Xperia Z Phone 16Gb running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
I wish to sell it. Can't find any that are currently listed on eBay or have been sold.

CEX have a cash WeBuy price of £36.00

Does £50 sound reasonable to sell on eBay?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'll state the obvious - try it, if it doesn't sell then lower the price. Android 4 is from the ark, so CEX sounds quite generous!

Update: Seems to be some Xperia Zs on eBay, so undercut them slightly. (edited)
    what are CEX selling it for? Start with a price about 20% lower than that.
    Author
    I've lost the charging cable. It uses a Sony proprietary port:

46975296-wI6j4.jpg

Cannot find this cable listed on eBay.
    DistortedVision25/02/2022 13:03

I've lost the charging cable. It uses a Sony proprietary port:[Image] …I've lost the charging cable. It uses a Sony proprietary port:[Image] Cannot find this cable listed on eBay.

It's MicroUSB, Sony just for some moronic reason used to use rectangle ports instead.
    dcx_badass25/02/2022 13:18

It's MicroUSB, Sony just for some moronic reason used to use rectangle …It's MicroUSB, Sony just for some moronic reason used to use rectangle ports instead.

That's strange, will a standard Micro USB cable still fit in there, or was it actually a proprietary connector?

If there are no cables to be found, there are a few DK26 docks floating around which use a standard MicroUSB connector.

CEX won't take it without a charging cable, and I'm not sure if anyone else would TBH, it's nearly 10 years old, so only really useful as a novelty.
    wibbleboy25/02/2022 13:24

That's strange, will a standard Micro USB cable still fit in there, or was …That's strange, will a standard Micro USB cable still fit in there, or was it actually a proprietary connector?If there are no cables to be found, there are a few DK26 docks floating around which use a standard MicroUSB connector.CEX won't take it without a charging cable, and I'm not sure if anyone else would TBH, it's nearly 10 years old, so only really useful as a novelty.

Once again, it's MicroUSB. If a MicroUSB cable won't fit then it isn't MicroUSB. The first google results confirm it and I have an Xperia U next to me with the same port. (edited)
    Maybe I'm just being a pedant, but I'm not sure whether the odd shape of the port would conform to the MicroUSB standard, even if the cable does.

Perhaps the non-standard shape was a concession that Sony made to keep the waterproof port seal in place reliably. I know in later versions they managed to do away with the cover by disabling the charging port electronically until a device was attached.
    My Xperia U isn't waterproof, doesn't have a cover and has that shape connector.

Author
    You were all correct. It's micro USB. The shape of the port made me think it was a proprietary port.
    I forgot how good the build quality of this phone is.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants