Travel Tip - Click & collect airside at Boots Airport Stores (after security) to avoid luggage restrictions

Posted 3rd Apr 2023
Did you know that Boots offers a click-and-collect service for purchases made at airport stores prior to your flight?

You can order almost anything, including baby essentials (particularly useful for parents), suntan lotion, and more. Most airlines allow you to bring a shopping bag on board, so no need to worry about finding extra space in your luggage.

This is a nice little hack, especially if travelling with only hand luggage or if you have limited space. I personally find anything that makes flying or going through security less of a hassle can only be a positive thing!

4114227_1.jpg
To buy with Boots Click and Collect service at airports, follow these steps:

• Visit the Boots website and select the Click and Collect option.
  • Choose the airport where you would like to collect your purchase.
  • Browse the products available for Click and Collect at that airport and add the items you want to your basket.
  • Pay for your items online using a debit or credit card.
  • You will receive an email confirmation with a barcode and collection instructions.

When you arrive at the airport, go to the designated Boots Click and Collect location and present your email confirmation and ID to collect your items.

Click and Collect is only available for pre-order - at least 5 days before your flight. Additionally, not all airports may offer this service, so make sure to check if your desired airport is included.

4114227_1.jpg

"You can Click & Collect from selected airports in the UK, including Heathrow Airport, East Midlands Airport and many more. When you're shopping online, remember to select the airport store located after security at checkout."

You may also be interested in:

Hand Luggage rules for flights

2023 Cancellation and refund rights for trains / hotels / event tickets

Looking for deals on Flights? Head here

Holiday Deals here

All our Boots offers posted in our forum
Community Updates
New Comment
Cost of Living

View all deals

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This won't be needed soon. I think the plans are to roll out by the end of 2024 but some of the smaller airports are already scrapping the 100ml rule.

bbc.co.uk/new…418
    It’s still useful for not paying inflated airport prices.
    This is a great service if your baby requires, or prefers, specific baby food/milk. We did this with one of ours when we were going on holiday so that it wasn't confiscated at the security check.
    Where did you travel from?

We've travelled 3/4 times with babies and never had any issues with taking baby milk on board a plane. They normally ask for a few additional tests but never had any issues where it was confiscated.
    Maybe I can order a meal deal and dodge the empty shelves at Heathrow
    Author
    Now this WOULD be good
    I done this one year at Gatwick. I was a sight getting on the plane with 3 packets of nappies on my arm and to wedge into overhead lockers. It’s a good hack and yes saves on the inflated airport prices. I ordered sun lotion, all the toiletries and the baby bits which meant more weight in the case for other things. Just leave plenty of space in hand luggage and take a couple of carrier bags.
    Will it work with Ryanair?
    Yep as long as the airport your flying out of is on the boots click and collect thing your good to go 
    Boots, whsmith and other rip off stores in airports will lose money, most people need some water or drink before whilst waiting for departure.

So glad the Govt are doing something right!
    I'm Dalaman airport in Turkey has the new scanners as we didn't need to remove my laptop, iPad or liquids from my hand luggage.
    Excellent
    You’ll be able to take 2litres worth of liquid through soon, city airport has the new scanners in place.
    Problem is this only applies to leaving the UK, it's likely to take years (if ever in some airports) for the rules to change globally. So you're likely to still be limited to one clear bag, with the current 100ml limit per individual item, on the way back home.
    But the question is which terminal?
    Are the prices normal or inflated airport Boots prices?
    Milan Malpansa, just had everything in my bag (toiletries and 2 x 500ml drinks). All went through fine and drinks still there when I opened up my bag after.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants