Virgin media broadband Retention deal : £26/month for 200MBPS, 18 month contract

Posted 18th Jul 2023
Spoke to Virgin Media yesterday as I was in the last month of my broadband contract, and this is what I was offered:

£26/month for 200MBPS broadband
18 month contract
No landline/TV

Thought I'd share this for anyone who is in a similar end-of-contract situation, and also to check if people have been offered any better deals.
Community Updates
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    KodaBear
    The current outbound retentions campaign allows these as the best possible prices they can offer - These tend to be given out more generously towards the start of the month rather than the end:

-£16 Per month for M125 Broadband (or M250 with Volt - SIM Can be sold by retentions team if you don't already have one)
    -£20 Per month for M250 Broadband (again can be upgraded to next tier for free with Volt)

The best deals are available if you can find one of the many VM Partners links that are floating around all over the internet (Not allowed on HUKD Unfortunately) and having someone you live with sign up in their name as a new customer. You can get a Volt M250 Package for just £12 a month plus the cost of your chosen SIM. (edited)
    The2Time
    Could you message me an example of one of the partners please? (i was going to DM you but you don't allow it)
    RoosterNo1
    Just sorted another 18 months on Sunday !
    As usual, it was a lengthy frustrating bot ridden experience, but after 3 DAYS of tooing and froing, I got 125mb + stream box for £17 so I'm happy.
    HellRazer
    Might be better to check your VM account via the app for what upgrade offers you have.
    tonywy
    M250 £17

50612186-JOHnr.jpg
    A_Stars
    I got £26 for 350 volt
    student_saver88
    50612297-FhmJq.jpg
    1gb TV and phone for £27
    The2Time
    V nice. You get that just via normal retentions?
    Isaac_McCafferty
    poor deal really.

i get 1,000 up and 1,000 downloads for £29
    The2Time
    Just say 1gb...
    humdan424
    £24 - 125 MBPS I got (edited)
    Gollywood
    Me too
    The2Time
    M250 for £23 a month i got. Wasn't that happy with it as I know others have got even better.

50609182-myXfY.jpg
    Gollywood
    And others have got worse than that
    Deal_Veteran Author
    What number do you call the Retentions team on, please?
    Also, how can you get a Volt M250 Package for just £12 a month? Happy to receive a DM if there is anything in your response that is not keeping with HUKD rules.
    daearegwr
    I've got just the M250 for £20 a month. I was coming to the end of the contract so called to cancel. They offered me £26 on the phone but I said I wanted to carry on and cancel and give my 30 days notice. 2 day later I get a call from the retention team offering the £20.

Always the best way to do it - go through with the cancellation and they'll call you back offering a better deal
    Deal_Veteran Author
    Do you mean you get 500MBPS with Volt for £20/month, or is it a M125 contract that becomes M250 with Volt? (edited)
    happymanuk
    Helping my sister try and get a good deal.

She was paying £13.83 for M125 broadband only, but this promotion expires mid August so given notice to cancel.

The best they could offer at the time of cancellation was £17 for M50 or £17 + £5 with a sim for M125.

Anyone any idea what deal she is likely to be offered on a call back and when they normally call back after putting in the notice for cancellation ?

Thanks in advance
    stu1991
    I think it's hit and miss on which agent you get i cancelled mine last week and i'm still expecting a phone call with another deal.
    Nat569On
    Does anyone have good deals with sky sports? My parents were offered £91 which seems a lot still.
    The2Time
    Way way way too much.

A member here has a good deal with sky sports I believe. Below £40.
    Pricklerickle
    I got 20 a month, tho I do have volt benefits still in place so technically 150 ish mb, tho I left 02 after I renew virgin, I got my own router as well so if I change any isp it be hassle free
's avatar
Top Merchants