Asda gift cards on self-service tills

Posted 19th Jul 2023
Does anyone know if it's possible to type in the number of an Asda gift card on a self-service till, without scanning the barcode? If so, how? I can't seem to find an option for it.

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    crumpetman
    You should be able to add it to gpay or apple pay. I have manually added two to my gpay. It's a bit trial and error as some of the options for Asda do not show the barcode.

Failing that, there is probably an app which will create a barcode from a number.
    Toon_army
    Just call somebody over they'll put the code in. Sometimes stuff doesn't scan so they do it manually.
    Even my discount card doesn't work there so have to get people to do it manually
    Attic45
    You sound like you are stood at the till now!

Ask a member of staff.
    dealpickle Author
    Ha! I'm not at the till, don't worry!
    McShane
    No idea, the staff would definitely be able to.

Are you not going to use the gift card if you can't type in the number yourself? Seems a bit extreme. (edited)
    moneysaver80
    Seen staff do it. Not sure if customer can
    Ferris
    I'm curious as to why you would want to?
    dealpickle Author
    I've got some old printed vouchers, but the barcodes have faded and won't work. It's such a faff dealing with Asda staff (they always treat you like you're trying to trick them) that i'd rather just type it in myself if i could (you can at M&S).
    DealDog
    Come home and order online
    crumpetman
    You need the PIN for that, could be the OP only has the number written down. Hope they haven't pinched it.
's avatar
Top Merchants