Chromebook or Pixel Tablet?

Posted 13th Jul 2023 (Posted 52 m ago)
All,

Silly question maybe, but I'm thinking about the Pixel tablet (when it comes down in price) but what are the differences between this and a decent Chromebook?
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    gravityorgan
    Chrome OS on Chromebooks and Android OS on the tablet. Honestly, I don't know much about the main differences but I would guess it depends on usage.

The Chromebook is probably more suitable if looking for a laptop alternative while the Pixel tablet may be better for things like media consumption etc. You could also connect a Bluetooth keyboard with tablets but if that's the main purpose then a laptop/laptop alternative like a Chromebook might be a better option.

Have a look at this for a quick read (fairly recent):

techwithdom.com/blo…et/
    tardytortoise
    I have both Android tablet, android phone and Chromebook. I also use Windows and Linux devices. The chromebook is the newest device, bought new about 2 years ago for less than £170. It has a touchscreen and 360 degree hinges. It is the device I use the most everyday, surfing, youtube, iplayer, researching, emails, twitter, shopping. And cos its really Linux and I dont care too much for Google Docs/Sheets/etc I have installed LibreOfice for Linux which integrates fine. When my tablets are ready for electronic heaven they will not be replaced - unless my Chromebook is also on its last legs in which case it will be a new Chromebook. L simply fail to understand why so many people stick with the Windows experiment when there are much better/robust solutions. (Perhaps its gamers)
    alg
    There are so many people who go down the path of "a laptop, or a Chromebook" - CBooks are laptops, and are so much more functional than they were originally with Android app support (to an extent) and a linux VM providing access to yet more software.

The big advantage of a Chromebook for web stuff is that it's a full desktop browser compared to the tablet versions. But like I use a mix of machines. Main desktop is linux, mini desktop is gaming for stuff I can't get to work under wine, android tablet and phone and a Cbook (Pentium based, not 360 screen, but is touch). Just about to replace the linux desktop with a pentium mini machine as it's almost as powerful as the old desktop. But the Cbook goes on holiday with me and gets pulled out occasionally at home. But more often than not, I use the tablet for browsing, due to convenience.
Discussions
Top Merchants