Good Windows alternative to the Microsoft Surface Pro/Book

Posted 22nd Mar 2022
Just wondering if anyone has any good alternatives to the Microsoft Surface Pro/Book?

I want an i7 windows machine that is a 2 in 1 (tablet/laptop) but I want to know if there are any good alternatives to the Microsoft Surface Pro/Book before I spend my money on it.
It will be primarily used for programming so a good CPU is a must, also a decent battery could never hurt.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Uridium22/03/2022 21:47

I have a work Hp Spectre x360 15"Lovely Laptop but they aren't cheap....

The big plus on the hp's is (or certainly used to be, not sure on the current models) that they are easy to repair/upgrade - they come apart easily for ssd upgrades, battery replacement etc. the surface pro is terrible for this.
    We have a couple of hp elite x2's, a lenovo miix and a lenovo 360.
    the hp seems the better built/designed machines.
    Uridium22/03/2022 21:47

I have a work Hp Spectre x360 15"Lovely Laptop but they aren't cheap....

One thing I will say that as much as I love the Spectre Laptop as it's beautifully designed and very fast is that they have known issues with USB controller chips blowing if you use USB-C charging . If you decide to buy make sure that you buy the extra 3yr care pack at £99. Mine's been repaired twice already (I've since started using a regular barrel charger!)

Oh, and one thing I hate about it, a couple of silly things with the keyboard layout........it has a slim enter key and the backslash is in the wrong place (edited)
    I have a work Hp Spectre x360 15"

Lovely Laptop but they aren't cheap....
    Asus Zen Flip fits your bill. ( Yes I do Have one and its very good. )
    My Lenovo Yoga X13 is lightyears ahead of my Surface Pro 4 (which was the worst pc I've ever used).
    Author
    Thank you, I will give them a look and see!
    Loads of alternatives out there; do you want 'more tablet' or 'more laptop'?
    I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1, which I bought to replace a laptop and a Surface Pro. No problems with it.
    Author
    adam.mt23/03/2022 12:24

Loads of alternatives out there; do you want 'more tablet' or 'more …Loads of alternatives out there; do you want 'more tablet' or 'more laptop'?

The portability of a tablet with the power of a laptop... Am I asking too much? xD
    Skarpa:

The portability of a tablet with the power of a laptop... Am I asking too much? xD

ASUS ROG Flow X13
    Samsung Galaxy Book
    HP Envy/Spectre/Elitebook x360
    Lenovo 3-in-1s
    Dell 3-in-1s
    Razor Blade
    er, most other laptop brands!

There are lots of options, question was do you want a laptop with rotatable touch screen or a tablet with optional keyboard? That will narrow it down.

Have you tried 'googling it'? (edited)
    Your last question applies to the 99% of folk who ask questions online when they can answer their own question themselves with a bit of effort, sadly. I generally put it down to laziness or loneliness.
's avatar
Top Merchants