Black listed for car insurance?

Posted 13th Jun 2023
Hi everyone, for my car insurance I'm with directline for 7-8 years with very good price but this time they sand me quote for £1700 for 2 cars, and last year price was £900 for both, and I decide to get quote from LV and price was £1075 for 2 cars which is good but I was planing to give 1 car to my dad for months as working from home since covid, I went back to LV and put my dad address and details to see if that save me any money but when I finish and click on get quite got msg sorry we are unable to offer you insurance, and when I try to check my saved quite they remove that as well. Then I try aviva to get the price and get same msg we can't offer you insurance online or on the phone, that make me think LV automatically put me to fraud or blacklist and my details gone to all companies? But I wasn't doing anything wrong, any advice please? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    darksideby182
    Ring them it will be easy talking to a human.
    Willy_Wonka
    Problem being you have changed the name of the main driver.

Not saying you are committing fraud but that is what fraudsters do because they can get insurance cheaper.
    Timbonagasaki
    Have you tried the comparison sites for quotes? There's a guide on the Money Saving Expert site.
    If you've been with the same company for 7 years you may be paying too much.
    ehsangreat Author
    I did they are similar price and I do check every year with others and DL was reasonable but this year they hike the price
    M4tt31
    Guessing they quoted higher as you've slipped out of they're target customers.

I've had it before where there's been a huge jump with my current insurer and they've even disappeared off the comparison sites for me when I've gone to get a quote to check against, When I originally got them from comparisons. A few years later they reappeared as the cheapest again.
    ehsangreat Author
    Yes agree I think they give you good price for few years then put the price up as some people don't bother to check it's very cheeky,
    wpj
    Postcode has a lot to do with it as well.

I sold a car (very cheaply as diesel and non compliant for our mayor) which was costing me £200 to insure. The person that I sold to who had full no claims paid almost £600 as it was Slough!

Most amazing thing was that the company insuring wanted to charge me £50 to cancel the policy!
    bargainhunter1
    I just paid £60 to policy experts for cancellation...
    ehsangreat Author
    Yes I didn't even think about this, was trying to get genuine quite will ring them tomorrow and see, otherwise have to go with DL for £1700
    Rich91
    I'd you change details and make multiple quotes too much....you will get amber or red lighted by underwriters
    ehsangreat Author
    I only get 2 quotes but I call them yesterday and been told its nothing to do with my quotes I miss 1 of my claims, (which DL didn't tell me whan I call and ask for all my claims) it's all sorted now. Thank you everyone
's avatar
Top Merchants