Parking at Heathrow?

Posted 24th Feb 2023
Potentially have to park up at Heathrow for a 6 day trip in April. Never parked at the airport before.

Can anyone advise on how the process works. Do you just drive in and have a reserved spot or is it just like any generic car park? Also if possible to get cheaper prices or are they always going to be high?
Also is there a service where they can keep your keys because not sure about carrying it with me in another country.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Attic45
    Yes to all of the above.

Park yourself and keep keys is better, then at least you know the car hasn’t been used for a shopping trip to dublin (google it) whilst you were away. Also when you get back you don’t have to queue to get your keys back. Also, often 10% off if you sign up or first purchase etc. (edited)
    thepostie
    Might be worth noting or taking a pic of where you've parked as the car parks are huge. They run buses to and from the airport every 10mins or so.
    Yazoo1990 Author
    Even around late nights? (9PM onwards)
    Corkscrew
    I would book online with a comparison site, such as Looking4Parking.
    It explains all the details there.

Some people love the Meet & Greet option, but I don't love the idea of someone driving my car
    phoenix802
    Also can try parking near by and taking a taxi to/from the airport. There are also local busses that run from near by towns or park at my house options
    bargainhunter1
    MSE is a very good place with tips
    tcf
    Check topcashback too.
    T2G
    I have used 'Just Park' app as found the prices from Purple Parking and its competitors quite expensive. Worked out quite well and much reasonable too.
    Isaac_McCafferty
    Park yourself, keep keys. Stay away from these park and ride companies that just let you ditch your car in a rubble minefield. Pay the extra £10/20 and park at a Heathrow approved site, nothing worse than coming back from holiday and having to wait 25 minutes for a shuttle bus to take you to a carpark
    rimalpatel007
    Park somewhere it's free parking near tube station and tube it to LHR
    samwants2save
    For 6 days? Nah. Better to spend a few and park somewhere safe..
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants