Sony Xperia 1 IV Lebara WiFi Calling

Posted 28th Mar 2023
Ordered this phone from here and so far so good but I can't seem to get WiFi calling working. I'm with Lebara and it worked on my old Redmi and also an old Motorola but nowhere on the settings on this phone does it seem to have WiFi calling. Anyone help?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    smith2001uk
    Have you tried *#*#4636#*#*

In the dial app? It brings up a hidden menu. Select phone information and in mine halfway down I have WiFi calling provisioned with a slider. I'm unable to move it but if its to the left hand side. The network has NOT provisioned it to the sim and thats where you'd have to go and ask. Irrispective of what phone it is and if its 'supported'. (edited)
    rachelandgromit Author
    Thanks unfortunately the slider won't let me enable WiFi calling.
    49870123-Jjkqg.jpg
    rachelandgromit Author
    Ok so live chat to Lebara who confirmed they only support WiFi calling for phones listed here (same as Vodafone). In short none of the new Google Pixels, none of the new Samsung's or this Sony support WiFi calling with Lebara/Vodafone.

vodafone.co.uk/business/business-mobile-plans/mobile-plan-features/vodafone-wi-fi-calling

This is a deal breaker for me. Basically if I want a relatively new phone I can't stay with Lebara/Vodafone as they don't support WiFi calling on any newish phones. Next question - which networks do support WiFi calling for this phone??? (edited)
    paul555
    This page seems to suggest that the new Pixels are supported

I have the same problem as you. Wifi calling used to work fine on EE but never has on Lebara. Same phone - Oneplus 7T Pro.

Lebara chat just fobbed me off as I was new to them, Maybe I should try again. I don't think the chat people have a clue.
    rachelandgromit Author
    I have followed the instructions here deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/sony/xperia-10-iv-android-12-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off/ and no joy. I'll contact Lebara tomorrow but this may be a deal breaker as I need WiFi calling as I have no signal with any phone network at home!

I believe Lebara is Vodafone so it should work but there is absolutely no option for WiFi calling. I wouldn't mind changing my contract but I'd need to know WiFi calling would work with this phone so I really need someone who has this phone to tell me which networks have the WiFi calling work! (edited)
    smith2001uk
    Have you ask the tech support to specifically provision WiFi calling to your sim?

It's not the same as sending a text to 6**7*6 or whatever saying "WiFi" they actually need to select options their end to enable it and send a sim update down. Unless you get a advisor who's either willing to deviate from the script or actually cares. You most likely won't get anywhere. (previous experience with bad and great Vodafone techs).
    rachelandgromit Author
    Surely my SIM is already set up for WiFi calling as it worked in two different phones?
    solid
    So weird that networks don't just enable this for every SIM and every mobile

Why hold it back for anyone? Ok, there might be some additional work, but it's a feature that's pretty standard and established - just bizarre that a network wouldn't enable it (edited)
    rachelandgromit Author
    I think I'm having to get rid of this phone. Had a smarty SIM today and guess what - same thing no WiFi calling so that's Lebara/Vodafone and Three/Smarty. I've tried at least half a dozen times with different chat ages to get them to provision it to the SIM with no success with both saying that WiFi calling is not compatible with this device. Does anyone have this same phone who can tell me which networks do have WiFi calling?
    core
    Sorry they let you down.

I use Xperia 1 II and I had WiFi calling OOTB with EE, then tried Smarty - no WiFi calling, then switched to Lebara, and had to ask them few times to provision it for me. Before they did my phone's Setting didn't show WiFi calling, after they did, it became available (I still used the same, original firmware phone came with from EE).

Works great really, worth trying to be persistent with the support. Check this screenshot above and see whether the network even offers it to you. (edited)
    Tim_Sadler
    Not sure if this will help you indirectly but...I have an XZ1 compact and a while ago moved to a basement flat. No mobile signal at all. Wifi calling didn't work on my phone. I then flashed my phone to O2 firmware and wifi calling has worked ever since, despite not being on the O2 network (I'm with ID mobile and my phone isn't even on their supported devices list). So not sure if re-flashing your phone is an option or perhaps even selling the phone and getting one on O2. I think all their (O2) phones work with wifi calling which is why I tried their firmware in the first place.
    wpj
    Is
    "Use 4G call" same as VoLTE? I have this on my Xiaomi X3 but no VoLTE option (and WiFi calling enabled).

I did have a Plusnet SIM and am now on Lebara. There was no VoLTE/WiFi calling with them, but when I also had a 3 SIM card in there, this automatically put these on as the signal was just as bad at home for 3 as for the PlusNet.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants