Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Anyone got a Linx 12x64 Windows Tablet Please? Help Needed.

Posted 4th May 2020
Hi All, I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Linx Windows Tablet 12x64 if so... I need some advice in relation to a BIOS setting, sadly I have messed it up by resetting the BIOS and I need to know what 2 of the settings were previous to me resetting it. So all I need is for someone who as one of these tablets to check 2 BIOS settings for me on theirs.

Please Note: ONLY people with this actual tablet can help with this question.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ricki_Kilvi
    I updated the bios and most things work again, but I gave up on windoze 10.
    css-networks.com/202…tc/
    ACHUNGE_ALFRED
    Guys the solution to your whole mess is simple. 1. Identify Gnd
    2. Identify WP ( write protect )
    3. Identify Hold/Reset.
    Nb: Ground can be any earthed point on board.
    And I noticed that some people are identifying a wrong bios ic for this process but that won't work. Lastly the pins noted above are note marked on board but don't worry these pins are on your bios ic get the schematic for pinouts that correspond with your bios ic. Note all the above mentioned pins are on your bios i.c. there is no data loss you will get back keyboard functionality.
    Procedure.
    Short the three above mentioned pins together starting with the write protect to enable you reset the system bios and that's all it works perfectly trust me their is no other solution. 46156765-yTQT5.jpg
    Andy_BarkerFJX
    I have a similar problem with my 12x64. I reset the settings a few months back, and the display doesn't work. If I plug it in to a monitor with the HDMI connection, I can see the screen. However I don't know what to set the display or touch settings to get it to work.
    I've hunted for the answer for 3 months now, and I've not found the answer. Looking forward to someone giving you the answers we both need!
    lettherebedeals Author
    Andy_BarkerFJX06/05/2020 17:16

I have a similar problem with my 12x64. I reset the settings a few months …I have a similar problem with my 12x64. I reset the settings a few months back, and the display doesn't work. If I plug it in to a monitor with the HDMI connection, I can see the screen. However I don't know what to set the display or touch settings to get it to work.I've hunted for the answer for 3 months now, and I've not found the answer. Looking forward to someone giving you the answers we both need!

Hi I can help you with this issue, I myself had this problem and FINALLY I discovered how to fix it, first you need a Mini-HDMI - HDMI Cable and connect the tablet with keyboard connected to a TV or Monitor and press the delete button to enter the BIOS so you can see the Bios on your TV/Monitor...

Then you need to navigate to CHIPSET menu, then click NORTH BRIDGE, then enter a section called Intel IGD Configuration, once there you need to change 2 settings.

1.PRIMARY DISPLAY needs to be set to IGD
    2. PANEL Configuration needs to be set to EDP

they are the 2 most important settings, I have also tweaked some settings in this section so if you wish you could change the settings identical to the settings I have set in this picture.

Then SAVE & EXIT

This will sort out the issue and bring back to primary display to the tablet so you can enjoy full functionality again.

Let me know once you have done this and since you have this tablet you could also help me immensely so we are helping each other here.. look forward to talking with you soon.

This however was not my main problem I was asking about in this thread, so let me know when you have sorted your tablet out and you can help me sort mine out, thanks.

40662577-aL9Ko.jpg (edited)
    lettherebedeals Author
    PS: Andy_BarkerFJX on reflection if you made the same mistake as I did and RESET the bios you may not be able to help me with my issue but at least I can help you with yours, sadly resetting the BIOS of this tablet reverts many settings to bare basics even though it says optimized defaults and sadly this disables the camera, in the bios settings there are various camera devices & options knowing which one is correct is my main problem, so once you tablet is fixed via my instructions sadly unless you know what the camera setting was in this BIOS the camera will NEVER work again and PLEASE do not make the mistake I made trying all-sorts of drivers, I spent 3 solid days trying numerous drivers, numerous settings to no avail, save yourself some time.. but at least everything will work and you can factory reset your tablet... or install a NEWER version of Windows 10 on the device which I have... infact I have now deleted the entire factory image and factory partitions and installed a FRESH Windows 10 Image but this is complex and I would not recommend it, if you still have a factory image re-install and upgrade, it is possible to also download a factory image from Linx Website but don't bother, its as much use as a chocolate teapot if you are not familiar with command prompt and it still does not FIX the camera, but the drivers can be download which you will need if you install a Fresh version of Windows 10 from boot-up.

I have learned that many settings in this complex BIOS are highly sensitive and one wrong settings bricks it, I doubt you will be aware of what the BIOS camera settings were prior to resetting the BIOS. but if you do please let me know. (edited)
    Andy_BarkerFJX
    I managed to get mine to work today after lots of experimenting. I did the same thing as you - ESD was the key setting.

My whole journey started when the keyboard stopped working. I thought I'd reset the BIOS just in case, which really broke things! I've since tried another keyboard and it still doesn't work. I'm going to remove the casing to look inside and see if I can check connectors for the keyboard, and also take note of any of the components I can find to help other bits work.
    Currently the following things don't work for me:
    1. Keyboard (probably a physical issue)
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera

I'll update when I open it up.
    Andy_BarkerFJX
    I took the back off the tablet to get more details. It wasn't too enlightening, but I did find the Bluetooth details.
    I've found the following so far.
    Display type - EDP as first stated by @lettherebedeals
    Bluetooth device type should be AP6255

I've not got the cameras working yet - I'll just experiment with the possible combos, unless anyone has the right info?
    Rusty_Wires
    Which settings are you after. I recently had the black screen of death where the tablets is running but no display. I came across this post in my search, I have since sorted my tablet with a firmware update. So I'll help if I can.
    MickNelson
    Stumbled across this as there's very little info elsewhere. I flashed my 12x64 with Linux and whilst trying to flash the factory Windows image I reset the bios to "optimized defaults" and have similar issues. I can now use Windows and have WiFi but can't get the touch panel or cameras working.
    42920068-ux67w.jpg42920068-2ChMX.jpgI've tried all of the options available and ran windows driver searches to no avail. Did anyone get theirs working properly?
    bigmick777
    I have a 12v64 and when going in the BIOS to prioritise boot from USB (so I could rebuild windows) it asked me to apply the optimum BIOS settings - mistake as now I have the black screen of death where I cant get back into the BIOS and I cant add a monitor as it doesnt have a mini HDMI out! Any ideas - Rusty_Wires : what firmware did you find / apply?
    lettherebedeals Author
    bigmick77731/01/2021 13:26

I have a 12v64 and when going in the BIOS to prioritise boot from USB (so …I have a 12v64 and when going in the BIOS to prioritise boot from USB (so I could rebuild windows) it asked me to apply the optimum BIOS settings - mistake as now I have the black screen of death where I cant get back into the BIOS and I cant add a monitor as it doesnt have a mini HDMI out! Any ideas - Rusty_Wires : what firmware did you find / apply?

This is a very old topic, I sorted it, but as for the Black screen of Death, you need a Mini Hdmi Adapter - HDMI then connect to your TV where you can see the BIOS on your TV screen, make the changes necessary.... to get the screen back from the Black screen of Death you need to refer to the photo I enclosed when I started this topic... SELECT PRIMARY DISPLAY IGD PANEL CONFIGURATION EDP, LG MIPI, just set everything as I set mine to as shown in the picture then everything will work again.
    MickSmith
    lettherebedeals31/01/2021 17:52

This is a very old topic, I sorted it, but as for the Black screen of …This is a very old topic, I sorted it, but as for the Black screen of Death, you need a Mini Hdmi Adapter - HDMI then connect to your TV where you can see the BIOS on your TV screen, make the changes necessary.... to get the screen back from the Black screen of Death you need to refer to the photo I enclosed when I started this topic... SELECT PRIMARY DISPLAY IGD PANEL CONFIGURATION EDP, LG MIPI, just set everything as I set mine to as shown in the picture then everything will work again.

Hi. Thanks for responding! Conscious it's an old topic but had exactly the same issue.

I got a micro HDMI cable and was able to get the screen sorted but now it's booting to the shell prompt. Tried several fixes related to the uefi boot but can't get it to work. The boot options just has uefi boot or disable but can't boot to the SSD or even a usb windows boot disk.
    adrianmarsh
    I made the same mistake on a 12X64

I’ve been able to restore the screen. But the keyboard (UK) is a mess for me now with some keys not mapping out. I’ve also no idea of the camera/Bluetooth values (I’m trying the above).

ive reached out to Linx support but no reply yet.
    I wondered if anyone could share either a video or screen shot of all the settings so I can compare individual settings. I know that’s asking a lot, so thanks if anyone can. This is the most useful set of posts I’ve found so far.

i can’t find anything for the keyboard that’s obvious and my most serious missing config. Physically all working prior to reset.
    adrianmarsh
    MickSmith if you still have your issue then I might have some idea. If the bios can’t detect a valid boot partition it seems to hide that option. I ended up using gparted to wipe the ssd partitions, then I used the iso restorer from the Linx support site. That rebuilds the partition table if it doesn’t exist. You would lose all data on the device though sadly
    lettherebedeals Author
    Ricki_Kilvi06/07/2021 20:22

I updated the bios and most things work again, but I gave up on windoze …I updated the bios and most things work again, but I gave up on windoze 10.https://www.css-networks.com/2020/09/linx-12x64-tablet-pc-cameras-not-working-bios-settings-kaput-etc/

WOW, this is an old thread, I sorted it just the day I posted this thread, Windows 10 does work, you can download a Windows 10 bootable ISO.
    davey.davey
    Hello, I know this is a very old thread, but my friend handed me his Linx 12v32 because as you all described, he reset windows which did all the faults you reported. Using a micro HDMI adapter, I got the display working then managed to get windows reset.
    A lot of drivers were missing. I went on Linx website and downloaded the driver package, then painstakingly installed them all individually. I noticed as I installed them one by one, that other instances popped up on the device manager list. So finally managed to complete the list, then as you all described, the camera didnt work.
    I tried a driver installer which updated a few drivers but no joy with the camera.
    So I launched the camera application, and clicked on the blue highlighted help button, and as I was scrolling down Microsofts procedures, on the left of my screen, the camera just came to life.

So I either installed the needed driver through the lengthy process of hitting them all or patience was the key.

Just wanted to let you all know that it's probably a hardware/driver incompatibility or just a driver issue. But my friends works now.

Good luck
    davey.davey
    If anyone wants to update their drivers, try Driver Booster 8. It's free, they try pushing a subscription on you but you can decline and still get your drivers updated for free.

lifewire.com/dri…190
    Andy_BarkerFJX
    That got my camera back - thanks for that. Still need to figure out the keyboard issue.
    krikey
    Thanks for the useful info above. My problem is that even after shorting pins 3,4 & 7 on the chip, I'm not able to see the BIOS screen after hitting DEL or ESC.

I have a HDMI cable plugged in and if I reboot the device, after a minute or so, I get the OS appearing (Linux) so I know that the tablet is working.

My issue is that for some reason, the video out doesn't seem to work before the OS has booted, therefore I cannot modify the BIOS.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants