Best current toilet roll and washing tab offer?

Posted 7th Jan 2022
Hi all
Just wondering what you all consider a good price per roll for toilet paper and price per washing tab for bio washing capsules? I’ve never been able to get much of a benchmark for it. Want a balance between decent quality and price, not interested in bargain basement office loo roll type stuff.

Running low on both so if you know of any decent deals please let me know!
Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    plebbygiraffe
    A lot of focus so far on price per roll, but this isn't the best way to analyse the cost. Rolls range from 150-200 sheets per roll.

Whilst Wilko Embossed has the fewest amounts of sheets per roll on the market, it and the Nicky Elite that others have mentioned already are the cheapest 3 ply rolls available at £0.0014 per sheet for the 32 packs.

Aldi's Saxon Premium 24 pack is not far behind at £0.0015 per sheet.
    Cisco060606
    de4ll0v3r07/01/2022 15:00

Yeah, I'm not worried about bargain basement toilet roll. I want it to be …Yeah, I'm not worried about bargain basement toilet roll. I want it to be decent quality and soft otherwise it makes me sore! Is Nicky Elite decent quality? Been using Andrex Supreme Quilted 4ply and not had any issues but it's 59p a roll on amazon at the moment. I bought it on offer about a year ago.Anyone any advice on tabs vs powder in terms of costs per wash and benefits of powder over tabs?I've bought my own house and am in and finally settled so want to extend my frugality into my household regular stuff. So far I've managed to make a bottle of fairy last 1yr and there's still a third of it left...Thanks for info so far

Washing powder usually has bleaching agent, liquid does not.
    However, people say powder is better for washing machine.
    Laundry liquid at Aldi work out about 6p per wash. Powder is about 7.5p
    Cheap capsules is about 12p (edited)
    Immoraliste
    I'd say the benchmark for toilet roll bang-for-buck is Nicky Elite (3-ply) 32 roll at £7.50 instore at Iceland and Home Bargains. 23p/roll.

In recent years, I wouldn't want to pay more than 23-27p/roll for the likes of Andrex Gentle Clean 2-ply (which is inferior to Nicky Elite), but prices seem to have gone up since lumber and transport prices spiked, and it might be more like 30p to early 30s p/roll for a good 'deal' price atm. 'Standard' supermarket everyday price will be 40-50p/roll.

If you can get to Iceland / Home Bargains, buy Nicky Elite in bulk.
    melted
    plebbygiraffe07/01/2022 16:42

Yes, though buying 144 rolls of toilet paper is not very practical. My …Yes, though buying 144 rolls of toilet paper is not very practical. My analysis is based on standard pricing, not offers or other discounts or anything else that's variable.

Oh actually that figure is for 72 rolls (4 packs) , I forgot to deduct the £2 voucher.

Its £0.00101 if you buy 144 so you can use the voucher, of course you could just buy 4 packs for £13 and easily spend £12 on other offers in the shop and still use the voucher. Both the offer and the voucher is pretty much always available in Farmfoods, although it used to be 3 packs for £10, so it could be considered their standard price for buying in bulk (edited)
    Cisco060606
    Toilet rolls from farmfood
    4 pack of 18 rolls £13

I don't use washing capsules. I use liquid for colour, powder for white.
    Usually get from either Aldi or Lidl
    Anonymous User
    de4ll0v3r07/01/2022 15:00

Yeah, I'm not worried about bargain basement toilet roll. I want it to be …Yeah, I'm not worried about bargain basement toilet roll. I want it to be decent quality and soft otherwise it makes me sore! Is Nicky Elite decent quality? Been using Andrex Supreme Quilted 4ply and not had any issues but it's 59p a roll on amazon at the moment. I bought it on offer about a year ago.Anyone any advice on tabs vs powder in terms of costs per wash and benefits of powder over tabs?I've bought my own house and am in and finally settled so want to extend my frugality into my household regular stuff. So far I've managed to make a bottle of fairy last 1yr and there's still a third of it left...Thanks for info so far

Powder is far cheaper than liquid / tabs / capsules and does a far better job at cleaning and keeping your machine gunk free

Formil from Lidl works out around 8p per wash and is a which best buy
    sabresonic
    Re toilet roll.. how cheap were you hoping to get it down to?

I'd consider this to be the probable 'lowest end' of any pricing benchmark...FREE!

Available locally from most neighborhood Recycling bins the evening before collection day. (I find it best to shop at night and my kids seem to agree)

Sadly, stocks are more limited these days now we live in a digital age, and virtual toilet roll just doesn't compare in my opinion!

However, you should be able to count on a good and regular supply of your 'local rag' on a weekly/bi-weekly basis...

46635592-uYs0K.jpg
    Can never beat FREE I say especially now with the cost of living and the huge energy hikes coming our way shortly.

And you won't have to 'spend a penny'!! (edited)
    melted
    I also get the Little Duck toilet rolls 72 bog rolls for £13 from Farmfoods, buy 8 packs and you can use one of their £2 off £25 vouchers, available by registering on the website if you don't get a leaflet through the door.

I buy their 2 x large boxes of Surf washing powder offer, so no idea about capsules. (edited)
    JHD007
    Costco £13 for 48 rolls of good quality toilet roll.

27p per roll that lasts.

Kirkland signature bio capsules £12 again from Costco 96 washes.

13p per capsule
    BigDom
    JHD00707/01/2022 19:46

Costco £13 for 48 rolls of good quality toilet roll.27p per roll that …Costco £13 for 48 rolls of good quality toilet roll.27p per roll that lasts.Kirkland signature bio capsules £12 again from Costco 96 washes.13p per capsule

I second this. Very good quality and price. The American version of Which did a test. (edited)
    Anonymous User
    25p per roll is what you're looking for really. Too cheap means you can get chocolate finger though, so be wary.
    Shure
    Always good deals on Amazon if you utilise their 15% off subscribe and save alongside vouchers that they typically have on these products.
    Just do yourself a favour and stay away from Andrex!
    Anonymous User
    Asda loo rolls use to be good quality now they are very thin despite being same ply. The 24 pack I'm talking about which has drunk in size. So I'm looking out for better to.
    de4ll0v3r Author
    Yeah, I'm not worried about bargain basement toilet roll. I want it to be decent quality and soft otherwise it makes me sore! Is Nicky Elite decent quality? Been using Andrex Supreme Quilted 4ply and not had any issues but it's 59p a roll on amazon at the moment. I bought it on offer about a year ago.

Anyone any advice on tabs vs powder in terms of costs per wash and benefits of powder over tabs?
    I've bought my own house and am in and finally settled so want to extend my frugality into my household regular stuff. So far I've managed to make a bottle of fairy last 1yr and there's still a third of it left...

Thanks for info so far (edited)
    melted
    plebbygiraffe07/01/2022 15:11

A lot of focus so far on price per roll, but this isn't the best way to …A lot of focus so far on price per roll, but this isn't the best way to analyse the cost. Rolls range from 150-200 sheets per roll.Whilst Wilko Embossed has the fewest amounts of sheets per roll on the market, it and the Nicky Elite that others have mentioned already are the cheapest 3 ply rolls available at £0.0014 per sheet for the 32 packs.Aldi's Saxon Premium 24 pack is not far behind at £0.0015 per sheet.

Googling suggests little duck is 165/166 sheets per roll, if that is accurate, buying 8 packs for £24 with voucher works out at £0.00101 per sheet. But, more important than price, my fingers don't go through.

EDIT: £0.0011 if you just buy 4 packs. (edited)
    plebbygiraffe
    melted07/01/2022 16:26

Googling suggests little duck is 165/166 sheets per roll, if that is …Googling suggests little duck is 165/166 sheets per roll, if that is accurate, buying 8 packs for £24 with voucher works out at £0.0011 per sheet. But, more important than price, my fingers don't go through.

Yes, though buying 144 rolls of toilet paper is not very practical. My analysis is based on standard pricing, not offers or other discounts or anything else that's variable.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants