iPhone 13 Pro charger port

Posted 10th Apr 2023
Hi all.

I’ve tried about 12 charger cables and none “click” into my charger port anymore but they do in my mrs phone.

You know the distinctive click noise it makes when you fully Unser it. Mine doesn’t do that anymore. I’ve tried the hoover in it. Compressed air etc. looked inside with a big old magnifying lens but can’t see anything. Does anybody know if this is a thing?

The phone is of course over 12 months old
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ahammert
    I had a similar problem with an Android phone recently (usb C). Only way I managed to clean out the bit of lint that was stopping the lead seating properly was to use a cocktail stick, compressed air wasn't enough.
    hc4eva
    I use a cocktail stick to get the crap out.

Or try a wireless charger if the port is f’d.
    Firehorns
    Maybe the left and right clips on the side have something stuck , or it might be a out of warranty repair ? If it still charges I’d ingore it or use wireless charging . Maybe send to apple for a out of warranty repair . But these repairs are getting expensive for small things theses days it’s almost like they don’t want people to repair stuff .

With apple I live 2 generations behind as they don’t change much and with patience there’s amazing deals to be had on fb marketplace got a iPhone 12 Pro Max for £320 last week (edited)
    itsdavidjones1984 Author
    Thanks all. Looks like I’ll be going to buy some cocktail sticks
's avatar
Top Merchants