Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Vue are screening Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended Edition between 16 Sep and 09 Oct 2022

Posted 15th Sep 2022
Never seen listings for the extended edition before. I've checked three different Vue venues, it's happening at all of them, so nationwide. Cinematic experience for the extended edition is something I've long wanted.

Runtime:
3 hr 48 Fellowship of the Ring
3 hr 55 Two Towers
4 hr 23 Return of the King

2737842441663268796.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    DaveG46
    I'll probably get half way through the 1st one and nod off but least I'll be using someone else's heating and electric for the night 😁
    EN1GMA
    watched the extended editions over lockdown, so might if this is available locally to me.

I think this is a fantastic idea from cinemas, rereleasing older movies for todays audiences. Watching old classics on the big screen, for people who either missed out previously or weren't born yet, this is a good idea.
    hibees
    "Watching old classics on the big screen"
    Was about to make comment about the above, but thought I'd google release dates.
    20 years ago where has my life Gone?
    Easy.Action.Baby
    I suppose it’s better than standing in a queue on the embankment for 12 hours
    TehJumpingJawa
    And certainly better than wasting electricity watching The Rings of Power.
    TobiRIP
    These films have probably the most heart of any films I have ever seen. The passion and dedication put into this trilogy is immense and clearly shows.....easily the best trilogy ever
    Conkers816
    And, as usual with VUE, their usual short sighted screening choices by putting them all on generally in the evening, at least near where I live.

As with a lot of the other classics, I can't see why they can't show at least one screening at midday or early afternoon.
    EN1GMA
    for these extended editions, need a an early slot. its 4 hour editions so evening slots will mean i'll be falling asleep
    darkstryder360
    Doing the rounds in the cinemas. Was in Everyman a month or so ago I believe.

We watched all 3 Extended Editions back to back, at the Prince Charles Cinema a few year back. Started at 8pm finished at 9am the next day.

Worst experience of my life.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants