Rumour - PlayStation are developing Wireless Earbuds for the PS5 (Alongside a new Gaming Headset)

Posted 14th Feb 2023
Interesting rumour via Insider-gaming, that Sony are developing wireless earbuds for the PlayStation 5, alongside a new headset code named 'Voyager', which is rumoured to be similar to the Inzone H7 headset. To be honest, it's probably about time new peripherals were launched, which could potentially tie in nicely, with the rumoured new PS5 model(s) incoming (Thread here)

''Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Sony is developing wireless earbuds and a new wireless headset for the PS5, both of which are scheduled to release towards the end of FY23 (April 2023 – March 2024).

The earbuds, named Project Nomad, will have an approximate battery life of around 5 hours, which is almost identical to Apple’s AirPods, but slightly less than Sony’s WF-1000XM3’s 6-hour battery life. Of course, just like almost all wireless earbuds on the market, the Nomad will come with a charging case that can be charged via a USB-C cable to the PlayStation 5. In addition, the same connection method will be used for the wireless earbud updates on the PS5.

(Mocked up image below)

4086736_1.jpg

As well as the earbuds, sources have also said that the company is developing a new wireless headset for the PlayStation 5, named Voyager, and is also aiming to be released at a similar time to Nomad. it’s understood that the Nomad headset has similar functionality to the Inzone H7 headset, but its price point is yet to be determined.''

As/when things change, i'll update
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yas_Min
    49558092-aj3Zu.jpgyou can use Bluetooth adaptors to connect any set of Bluetooth headphones. They can be as cheap as £4
    _benny_g_
    Ok for basic games but lag is no good for most
    Toon_army
    I'm sure one of the lads uses Galaxy buds. If that's the case I'm guessing any Bluetooth earbuds would work?
    Dan_82 Author
    If i remember correctly, only certain headsets work with the PS5, but that may have changed in recent months, as we use the Arctis 7+ (Which is awesome)
    yaboy
    They need to be making some decent games instead of trying to sucker people out they pockets for accessories and add ons
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants